Visit My Website

Visit My Website
Custom Personalized Candy Wrappers

Monday, December 20, 2010

Make Your Own Labels for Baggies/Sandwich Bags

I quit buying Christmas gifts a few years back for my kids and parents. No, I'm not a Scrooge. My kids are grown and make their own money, parents buy anything they want or need. I do gift but I make the gifts and they are gifts of food.

To make the gifts even more personal, instead of wrapping the plastic bags of food in store bought wrapping paper I designed labels then stapled them to the the tops of the bags. The labels add a delightful touch and I have been told the gifts look as though they've been purchased from the store. You could even get the kids involved and have them draw the labels with markers or wax colors.

The regular sized sandwich bags require a 6 1/2 inch wide x 4 inch tall label. You can set the dimensions up in your word program. You can either use the clipart provided by your word program, buy clipart, trace a picture or go to the hobby store and buy stickers. Type the words Merry Christmas and/or label what is in the bag then add your art (or if you bought stickers add them after you've printed the label).

I sent cinnamon candy and pineapple muffins so each of my labels said either Homemade Cinnamon Candy or Homemade Pineapple Muffins. The labels don't have to be fancy. They can simply say what you want them to say with no art at all. Just pick a font and pick a color.

And remember personalized labels or wrappers don't have to be only for Christmas. They're also terrific for birthdays, anniversaries, births, showers and any holiday.

Need help? Have a question about how to do labels or wrappers, leave me a comment. Need clipart? I have some on my website. Just type in Miller's Wrapped Expression and you'll find many but I'm not done adding clipart as I create new pieces everyday. I can also draw most anything you need.

Do something extraordinary!

No comments:

Post a Comment